[Asterisk-biz] CC Fraud

Dan Miller dan.miller at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 18:24:25 MST 2005

Instead of calling customers back to establish "voice verification", how
about using some flavor of voice biometrics (or voiceprints) to insure that
the person can't use a billing mechanism (credit card) fraudulently. It
would also create a mechanism whereby a callers can be validated when they
originate their traffic. Without some from of biometric and real time ID,
there will always be an opportunity for a caller to deny all knowledge of a
call being made. This, in turn, leads to the credit card issuers to keep
raising their discounts or increasing their chargebacks - claiming fraud.