[Asterisk-biz] CC Fraud

Hermann Wecke hermann at wecke.com
Sat Jun 18 11:10:08 MST 2005

snacktime wrote:
>>Does anyone have any automated strategies (Yes, we already use AVS and
>>CVV checks) for catching CC fraud?
>
> I'm curious what do you mean exactly by fraud in this case, assuming
> avs and cvv were both a match?

CVV and AVS are useless because the scammer will steal these information
from the victim. As you are not "shipping" anything, you will end empty
handed for an investigation. I worked briefly for a company who had
about US$ 3~5k per week of charge back. They don't even care about
trying to investigate or dispute them. They just block the
login/ip/netblock/whatever as there is nothing to do.