[Asterisk-biz] CC Fraud

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 10:55:35 MST 2005

On 6/18/05, Jeremy McNamara <jj at nufone.net> wrote:
> snacktime wrote:
>
> >Did you get a high percentage of chargebacks from orders originating
> >from the US, or was this primarily from outside the US?  If you are in
> >a high risk industry and accept orders from most countries, it's
> >usually a recipe for disaster.
> >

> We only accepted credit cards from what I unilaterally deemed to be a
> friendly country, so most of the transactions that resulted in
> chargeback were US based issuing banks.

You might want to take a look at ACH for US/Canadian based business to
business type accounts.  The fees are lower all the way around, and a
customer has to go through a much more involved process to dispute any
charges.  One drawback is it takes up to 48 hours to know if the
transaction went through.   But IMO if it's for business use and you
use a prepay model, it's not a huge disadvantage.

Chris