[Asterisk-biz] CC Fraud

David Aldworth daldworth at teliax.com
Sat Jun 18 10:34:33 MST 2005

exten => _01196X.,1,Hangup()
exten => _01120X.,1,Hangup()
exten => _011249.,1,Hangup()

A bit harsh perhaps, but it was fun to watch. As soon as we implemented
this you could see a MASSIVE spike in the fraud (i could literally watch
it happen). Where the fraudster(s) were thinking they could get one
through but then... gave up. Still see them come back from time to time
for a one off attempt but this has been a very useful deterrent.

We now only grant access to these calling areas upon specific request from
customers we know to be legitimate.

DA

> On 06/18/05 09:44:16, David Aldworth wrote:
>> We've seen it. We've had to work closely with the banks, the merchant
>> processor and had to totally redesign our sign-up process to deal with
>> it> .
>>
>> Even more interesting...have you noticed where 90% of the traffic
>> tends t> o
>> go?
>
> Can you share the names of these high risk location (offlist is fine)?
>
> Best regards,
> Herman Webley

David Aldworth
Teliax Customer Service