[Asterisk-biz] E1 with SS7 signaling

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Sat Jun 11 16:49:54 MST 2005

The Honduras telephone company, Hondutel, will supply E1 circuits with
SS7 signaling only (no PRI, no R2, nothing but SS7).  The SS7 is on a
separate circuit (I assume V.35).

We would like to interface Hondutel with one or more Asterisk
systems--we want Asterisk to be the bridge between Hondutel and VoIP
services.  Initially we'll have one E1 for a proof of concept trial.  If
successful the project will immediately grow to ~24 E1 circuits.

The problem is finding an inexpensive interface with the E1/SS7 circuit
that will interoperate with Hondutel.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,