[Asterisk-biz] FCC and 9-1-1

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 05:08:44 MST 2005

I do know about the mobile issue.. and here's the thing...(I have not
yet consulted our lawyer about this)... on page 48 of the FCC
regulations it says:

"Advise every consumer new and existing...[when 9-1-1 may be limited
or not work at all]...Such circumstances include, but are not limmited
to, relocation of the end user's IP-comptabile CPE, use by the end
user of a non-native telephone number."

To me that sounds like if the user has a non-native telephone number,
OR relocates their device the FCC is saying it's ok to tell the user
9-1-1 services may not be available, or may be severely limited.

Obviously no one here is a lawyer, but thoughts on that?