[Asterisk-biz] dialing a remote 911 number

Shane Young asterisk at ShaneYoung.com
Wed Jun 8 08:27:24 MST 2005

Quoting Rehan Ahmed AllahWala - Super Technologies I <rehan at supertec.com>:

> All the 911 numbers, really point to a real pstn number or a did.

No, not in Minnesota, at least.  Here we have a dedicated facilities from our switch (DMS-500) to
each of the selective routers.  Depending one the selective router and facility (CAMA/TSPS/SS7) we
may send 911 as the called number, or just seize the E&M trunk and wait for supervision to send
the ANI.

We also have a list of 10 digit numbers to reach each PSAP in Minnesota.