[Asterisk-biz] Double standards with netfone.ca.

Storm D. J. Petersen stormp at telus.net
Mon Jun 6 17:17:13 MST 2005

I am setting up an asterisk server/router for my mom to get her voiped up.
I saw this ad for CAN approx $13 a month for unlimited calling and a DID + 1
month free service at netfone.ca.  That sounded great for her as it works
out to be about $10/mo.  During my inquiry they learned that I was going to
use an ASTERISK server and said that I'd had to subscribe to a business plan
for around $40/mo or buy their Linksys ATA Device.  Really what difference
does that make? It sounds more like a scam to force people to buy hardware
from them.

I guess in the future I should just say I'm using a Grandstream or
something.

Watch out.

S.