[Asterisk-biz] Re: Truly Unlimited DID's

Matthew Simpson matthew at txlink.net
Fri Jun 3 12:14:57 MST 2005

> From: J Thomas <jthomas at cequip.com>
>
> Have you heard about insurance? If you don't use it, you get screwed
> (because all your premiums were paid unnecessarily) and if you use it,
> your provider got screwed because in all likelihood, he is spending more
> on you than you paid.

This is an apples to oranges argument you are making, but I'll run with it.

 Insurance is not a product where you have the option of paying only for
what you used versus buying "unlimited".  You don't get "unlimited" screwups
with insurance.  If you damage your house or car enough times you'll find
your premiums raised, or you might just get your coverage canceled all
together!  Insurance is not "unlimited" either.

I'm not saying it is impossible to offer unlimited.  I'm not even saying it
is bad business to offer "unlimited".  But the simple fact is, on all
unlimited plans, either the customer or the company is getting screwed.
Period.