[Asterisk-biz] CID Spoofing

Thad Simmons tksimm at itis.fm
Sun Jul 31 15:44:56 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Robert Goodyear
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 2:31 PM
To: C F; Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-biz] CID Spoofing

On Jul 28, 2005, at 7:17 AM, C F wrote:

> On 7/27/05, Robert Goodyear <me at jrob.net> wrote:
>> I have to pitch in here since my wife *is* an attorney...
>
> I have no clue how the fact that your wife *is* an anttorney helps
> here.
> For one just because you say so (on the internet, personal would be
> different) doesn't mean that she is.

Because of my anecdotal and proximate exposure to statutes and case
law, I am able to give some feedback to this thread.

>  Second, how does what you write
> have anything to do with law.

It has everything to do with the law, as I am quoting it directly after
talking with my wife about this.

>  Third, that doesn't imply that *you* are
> an attorney.

Thanks, Sherlock, for stating the obvious. Maybe you'd like to make
sure everyone on this list who *isn't* Mark Spencer not give any
feedback about Asterisk too because they may or may not lack the paper
qualifications to do so. Or, maybe you should treat a mailing list like
a mailing list and respect some freedom of speech.