[Asterisk-biz] CID Spoofing

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Jul 28 13:39:39 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 11:31 -0700, Robert Goodyear wrote:
> qualifications to do so. Or, maybe you should treat a mailing list like
> a mailing list and respect some freedom of speech.

This will probably be taken wrong, but I have to ask anyway.  I have not
read the charter of this list, as such I dont know if "freedom of
speech" is granted by digium (the list maintainers) to individuals on
this list.

Freedom of speech is an overused term, the first amendment of the US
constitution does not guarantee total freedom of speech, instead it
prohibits the government and only the government from passing laws
against it (which has since been modified into 3 core types of speech,
commercial which has regulations, ie no false advertising, obscene
material, which has additional restrictions and other which largely is
allowed under law although you cant scream fire in a crowded theater,
but you can yell "I smell smoke" and your friend can yell "so do I" and
you both run screaming out of there).

At any rate my point in all of this is to ask is there any guarantee of
a freedom of speech on this particular list, which can only be granted
by digium?  If that were the case then it opens the door to every
spammer and whomever else to post whatever they want to this list, and I
generally think that is a bad thing.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378