[Asterisk-biz] Re: DIDx.org versus Arbinet

M O martinoshield at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 10:47:25 MST 2005

Alex,

I totally hear what you are saying, but we
must remember, that DIDx.org is probably just a
few people, unlike Arbinet, which not only offers
a " exchange " for buying/selling routes/DID #s,
but they also provide electronic exchanges to
trade stocks, futures, options, etc.

It is my opinion, that if DIDx.org continues,
and offers the buying customer the opportunity
to rate the sellers of those DIDs, that will
ween out how is serious and who is not which is good
for everyone.

DIDx.org is doing better, in my eyes alone,
because, DIDx.org does not charge any of us
$10,000 to just walk into the Arbinet door,
then another $3000 for " Provisioning ", then
you still need credit / cash to purchase DIDs,
routes, minutes.

But Arbinet claims they have all of the major carriers
as members, unlike, ME THINKS, DIDx.org for the
moment.
But Rehan/DIDx.org *Could* steal Arbinet's customers
since DIDx.org does not charge a " $13,000 " fee just
to become a member.

The only question that would remain is the quality of
the people selling / providing DID #s, Routes,
minutes.

But I think probably, for the moment, Arbinet is
more credible since they have / deal with many
Carriers, per them,  as oppossed to Rehan/DIDx.org,
who has people / smaller entities trying to create
functioning DID #s out of MAX TNTs / T-1s, whatever.

I think DIDx.org, if you guys keep your costs down,
can TAKE ALOT OF BUSINESS AWAY FROM ARBINET.
DIDx.org * COULD * become the " Ebay " or " Chicago
Board of Trade " of DID #s / Routes / Minutes :)

SO whats up DIDx.org ?  I am with you maaaaaaaaaan!

I was a commodity options broker when I was 18, and
if Rehan/ DIDx.org manages its business like a
exchange, making money off of every transaction, but
no getting involved with the Market Participants, I
would
love to " Purchase " a " Seat " on the DIDx.org
exchange as that is where the $ is.

A seat on the Chicago Board of Trade, when it opened
100 + years ago, the value of a " Membership / Seat "
was like $100, now they are worth $600K + :)

So Rehan/ DIDx.org, you have GREAT potential.
Learn from Chicago Board of Trade, or the Chicago
Mercantile Exchange models, and you will prosper.

Remember, $13,000 entrace fee is charged by Arbinet,
DIDx.org does not.  It is a matter of who offers a
more qualitiative product at the end of the day!

Will DIDx.org be the future.  I hope! ;)

Martin O'Shield