[Asterisk-biz] 911 solutions

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 06:00:31 MST 2005

I have spoken with the FCC about this.. and they have said what we
plan to do is legal and complies.  We have a deal with our CLEC where
they route our calls based on ANI.. We require the customer to have a
primary number in their actual geographical area.   When the customer
dials 911 it routes over the CLECs 911 CAMA trunks.    The customer
must still update ALI info through us.

If the customer moves outside of our available coverage area when they
try to update their address we suspend service until they come back
into our coverage area...  Fairly simple and works very well.