[Asterisk-biz] Astricon 2005 Network Sponsor wanted

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Jul 27 03:20:25 MST 2005

During the two Astricon shows we had so far, network connectivity has
been a hot topic.

For Astricon 2004, the hotel promised us that they had a
state-of-the-art network and that their provider's best network engineer
would be on site to make sure that it worked.
...it worked for almost an hour... 500 computer users in one hotel was a
good stress-test for both the network and the network engineer.

For Astricon Europe 2005, the hotel had fibre and free Internet access.
It worked for two days, which was a huge improvement.

Now, for Astricon 2005, we're looking for outside help. We are allowed
to set up our own network in the building. If there are companies out
there that can provide us with a network - internet connection - that
can handle all the traffic from the attendees, expected to be at least
750, we are willing to discuss an attractive sponsorship deal.

We are going to be in the Hyatt hotel, a few blocks from Disneyland, in
Anaheim, California.

Contact us on info at astricon.net if you are willing to take this challenge!

/Olle Johansson