[Asterisk-biz] Large volume inbound US provider request

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Thu Jul 21 09:48:30 MST 2005

Well, this is getting silly, I'm sure the casual reader of the list will
be able to draw their own inferences. Response inline.

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:

> > a) I did not say access charges don't exist. Read the email. I said
> > recip is almost gone, and where it exists, it is in the range of
> > 0.05c/minute.  (as in, 1/20th of a penny).
> >
> I asked about access charges you said they didnt exist.  It cant be any
> more clear than that.  But hey if you feel the need to defend your
> stupidity after the fact by all means, but please try and learn
> something.
Read the email. I said, and I quote: "Nobody really has recips
anymore [...]".

> > b) Rural carriers operate by entirely different rules from the rest.
> > You were looking for a CLEC to give you PRIs. By definition, rural
> > carrier *is* an ILEC. Please do not try to confuse issues.
> >
> Those were only brought up becuase you proved that you didnt know basic
> telephony.  If you read the original email you will see I never
> mentioned a rural telephone company it was only after your 'you are on
> crack' comment that I brought that up.
>
> Had you not insisted that access charges were nonexistant in the first
> place and responded later with 'you are on crack' I would not have
> brought them up.  Nice how you combine the 3rd email with the first to
> prove your point.  Too bad you really dont know anything about what you
> are talking about as indicated by your utter lack of understanding on
> the issues from even this morning.
Woot, namecalling galore.

> > c) You wanted a CLEC with recip - talk about clecs who still have
> > recip. Don't bring up rural ILECs' access tariffs.
> >
> if you read the original email I fiurst said access charge, I appended
> reciprocol compensation becuase many people who claim to know telephony
> basics dont know anything about what I am talking about and I didnt want
> to have to explain it, but you forced me to explain it to you by
> insisting that you didnt know what you were talking about.
It is *reciproCAL*.

> > d) Notwithstanding the above, since you made claims to contrary:
> > Access tariff by definition is LD (anything going between rate
> > centers) and is specified in the tariffs. Access tariff may be
> > different for intralata / intrastate / interstate.  Reciprocal
> > compensation is by definition local (intra-rate-center), is
> > individually negotiated and specified in ICA.  Arguing otherwise is
> > pointless.
> >
> So you are saying there are no access charges for local calls?  Or are
> you just implying that but not actually trying to say it so you can have
> an out later on when you try to jumble the emails up?
There are no access fees for intra-rate-center calls, correct. If there
were, they would be called reciprocal compensation.

-alex