[Asterisk-biz] Large volume inbound US provider request

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Jul 21 09:02:14 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 11:41 -0400, alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 09:17 -0500, Matthew Simpson wrote:
> > > There's a big difference between rural LECs and CLECs.  LOL. You're
> > > also confusing access charges with reciprocal compensation.
> > >
> > read the next email for my explanation of access charges and reciprocol
> > compensation.  I brought up the rural lecs in response to the idiot that
> > claims that access charges dont exist anywhere (I also brought up long
> > distance providers to that same end).
> Nice to see the name-calling begin.
>
> a) I did not say access charges don't exist. Read the email. I said recip
> is almost gone, and where it exists, it is in the range of 0.05c/minute.
> (as in, 1/20th of a penny).

I asked about access charges you said they didnt exist.  It cant be any
more clear than that.  But hey if you feel the need to defend your
stupidity after the fact by all means, but please try and learn
something.

> b) Rural carriers operate by entirely different rules from the rest. You
> were looking for a CLEC to give you PRIs. By definition, rural carrier
> *is* an ILEC. Please do not try to confuse issues.

Those were only brought up becuase you proved that you didnt know basic
telephony.  If you read the original email you will see I never
mentioned a rural telephone company it was only after your 'you are on
crack' comment that I brought that up.

Had you not insisted that access charges were nonexistant in the first
place and responded later with 'you are on crack' I would not have
brought them up.  Nice how you combine the 3rd email with the first to
prove your point.  Too bad you really dont know anything about what you
are talking about as indicated by your utter lack of understanding on
the issues from even this morning.

> c) You wanted a CLEC with recip - talk about clecs who still have recip.
> Don't bring up rural ILECs' access tariffs.

if you read the original email I fiurst said access charge, I appended
reciprocol compensation becuase many people who claim to know telephony
basics dont know anything about what I am talking about and I didnt want
to have to explain it, but you forced me to explain it to you by
insisting that you didnt know what you were talking about.

> d) Notwithstanding the above, since you made claims to contrary: Access
> tariff by definition is LD (anything going between rate centers) and is
> specified in the tariffs. Access tariff may be different for intralata /
> intrastate / interstate.  Reciprocal compensation is by definition local
> (intra-rate-center), is individually negotiated and specified in ICA.
> Arguing otherwise is pointless.

So you are saying there are no access charges for local calls?  Or are
you just implying that but not actually trying to say it so you can have
an out later on when you try to jumble the emails up?

> > No I am not confusing anything, just trying to educate the people that
> > insist that if they dont know it it doesnt exist.
> Yes, someone by the name of trixter educating txlink and me. *smirk* Let's
> hear it.

someone has to.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378