[Asterisk-biz] Large volume inbound US provider request

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Jul 21 05:18:36 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 08:09 -0400, alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:
>
> > Yeah that is why AT&T filed in montana in 2004 to get qwests changed
> > from 4 cents to something lower (but still over 2 cents).  Why in
> > nebraska it can be over 14 cents a minute for local (largely structured
> > to screw qwest).  Why iowa I believe has no caps on it and SBC signs
> > agreements saying "you cant charge more than we do" and stupid CLECs
> > agree and dont read that clause (nor do their lawyers) and when they
> > wanted 4 cents a minute they only get 2 cents and it works out to a huge
> > difference to them later on (one specific 2005 case was $200k for one
> > month difference).
> You are on crack.

So are the many rural phone companies that get 70% of their operating
revenue from access charges.  Dont believe me google it.  Everything I
stated (cept the case with SBC over 'you cant charge more than we do')
is public.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378