[Asterisk-biz] Text to Speech pricing

Peter Hsu peter at linkupservice.com
Fri Jul 8 01:07:43 MST 2005

Dean,

I'm looking at some of the same questions, so the answers will be interesting to see.

I'm fairly new at Asterisk as well, but I believe Festival is a free TTS plug-in for Asterisk.

I don't know about the underlying details of Asterisk, so I don't know how easily it would integrate with natural voices.  I remember that natural voices ran as a server.  To use it, you would essentially pass it your text string, and it would return your audio file.  I'm fairly certain this would plug into asterisk fairly easily.

You can find some vendors of natural voices that will give you bulk discounts on the port pricing as well.  I remember someone quoting me as low as 250 a port, depending on the number of ports.

Peter Hsu

p.s. I do believe you need the SDK.