[Asterisk-biz] Text to Speech pricing

Dean McEvoy dean at velcrosneaker.com.au
Thu Jul 7 20:21:23 MST 2005

What are people's experience with implementing Good quality text to speech.
AT & T natural voices is our preferred product (I don't think Cepstral is
equal in quality) but I am having difficulty getting a clear answer on
pricing for using it. I've heard anecdotally that its $995.00 for the Server
Development Kit and $350.00 per port. That seems very steep. Is there better
pricing around for similar quality. do you need the SDK?

Has anyone implemented AT & T on Asterisk is the implementation pretty
straight forward?

Can anyone lend any advice on pricing and ease of implementation for this
text to speech product or any others?

Thanks

Dean