[Asterisk-biz] VoIP over Satellite

Karim Delgado karimjd at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 10:23:45 MST 2005

Good day,

satellite VoIP deployments are a tricky business, and
there is a substancial learning curve and trial and
error/experimention to see what will and will not
work.

It is now technologically feasable to deploy high QOS
satellite/VoIP network (based on a combination of
deployment schemes and technologies) and not suffer a
high level of latency which would traditionally bar
you from offering a high QOS to your customers.

I can tell you this because we are doing it right now.

We are currently deploying a satellite based Asterisk
network in rural regions of Mexico.  We have 18 sites
up and running (8 phone lines, 2 internet pc's per
site) and we are getting excellent QOS for our calls.

If you are interested in some consulting for your
project, please feel free to reach me off list.

Kind regards,

Karim Delgado.
Chief Engineer
Buena Vista Wireless, LASA.