[Asterisk-biz] Sipura replacement

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Fri Jan 28 09:02:34 MST 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Duane wrote:

> Remco Barende wrote:
>
>> I can confirm the noise problem. I have 6 SPA-2000s and by default the
>> volume (in+out) is much lower than it is with a regular (real) phone. The
>> other party can hardly hear you. I solved that by increasing the input
>> and output gain from -3 to something like 2. Both parties can communicate
>> normally but there is a lot of noise indeed.
>
> This a problem with other components of your voip system or your voip
> provider? I haven't had to increase the RX or TX volume at all on mine and it
> works just fine... Although if the volume is being decreased else where to
> compensate for echo that's another issue not related to the sipura :)

I thought of that. But... 'the other side' can also hardly hear me when
I'm using a voip provider. I recently replaced my clone X100P for a
TDM400B and noticed a ***HUGE*** quality improvement and the really bad
echoes I had have disappeared.

>> Also I don't like the operating temperature of the units, they get HOT
>
> Mine doesn't get hot at all, are they ventilated or enclosed in a box?

They are not enclosed. One is on my desk for testting, one is on the top
of my pc case the other on top of a 19" rack

Maybe the reason is that the unit is dimensioned only for USA and the
equipment in Europe draws more power?