[Asterisk-biz] Sipura replacement

Duane duane at e164.org
Fri Jan 28 08:51:06 MST 2005

Remco Barende wrote:

> I can confirm the noise problem. I have 6 SPA-2000s and by default the
> volume (in+out) is much lower than it is with a regular (real) phone.
> The other party can hardly hear you. I solved that by increasing the
> input and output gain from -3 to something like 2. Both parties can
> communicate normally but there is a lot of noise indeed.

This a problem with other components of your voip system or your voip
provider? I haven't had to increase the RX or TX volume at all on mine
and it works just fine... Although if the volume is being decreased else
where to compensate for echo that's another issue not related to the
sipura :)

> Also I don't like the operating temperature of the units, they get HOT

Mine doesn't get hot at all, are they ventilated or enclosed in a box?

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else.
     I only try to dance better than myself."