[Asterisk-biz] Business question

ye ding dingye_dylstar at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 27 09:57:18 MST 2005

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Yess

Alexander Wiercinski <aleksander.wiercinski at halo2.pl> wrote:
Hi

I think not many on this list can advise on how much you can charge your
friend :). But the question is valid anyway. Since this is your first
"commercial" instalation I would guess that on any contracted work you would
loose money or hair. Thus it will be as much benefit for your friend,
assuming he will like the end result, as it will be to you in terms of
experience and reference.

My advise is do the instalation for free. If your friend is happy with the
instalation make a support contract with him (per hour workd or per month).
Since he hasn't paid you for the instalation he will not feel you "owe" him
support for free - as many commercial clients do.

alex
ye ding wrote*:
>Good day, Guys
>
>I am new on this forum and sorry if I should not send email/questions this
>way.
>
>I followed * for a while and I think it is a good product. One of my friend
>has a business and he is planning to upgrade his office phone system to
>use VoIP. 5-6 incoming lines and may be 10 extensions. After some
>research, I think * is good fit.
>
>Since I was never involved in business, I do not know how to charge for
>this project. Anybody can shed some lights on the amount of money that
>should be charged for this kind of project and how?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>yess

Aleksander Wiercinski

Managing Director