[Asterisk-biz] bellster.net - GREAT advance

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Mon Jan 24 16:33:22 MST 2005

>Surely VOIP will lead to more regulation, but a SWAT commando kicking
>my door because somebody used my line to make harrassing calls ...?
>Hmmm, too much I think ... same thing can happen for terminating traffic
>for
>another carrier if you are a VOIP shop ...
>Bellster approach can be revolutionary, I think, no time for FUD.
>Regards
>John

Except law enforcement has at least some clue of what a telephone company
is, and *surprise* the idea that a telephone company might not place all
calls that come out of it.

However, when your normal POTS line lights up and has a death threat for
someone "important", and happens to mention some other stuff... I wouldn't
be surprised. Law enforcement generally LOVES the opportunity to show up
with force.

It's not just FUD. And there definitely should be time for security thinking
(well, if the individual running the node cares, that is :)).

-Michael