[Asterisk-biz] Sipura SPA-841 Phone

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Thu Jan 13 08:41:20 MST 2005

Do your buttons stick, or is it more that the tactile feel is kind of
foreign?  Mine feel like a "rubbery bump" when I press them but the don't
appear to stick.  Probably not meant for speed-dialing.  The keypad is
probably the most visible evidence of low-cost manufacturing.  I wonder if
it is more resistant to spilled beverages than our nortel phones have been.

So far I think this is a very nice phone for the money.  In my opinion just
a few things would sweeten it - and I would gladly buy it's big brother:

*built in Ethernet switch
*backlit display that tilts
*POE
*better keypad

I like how compact it is but still has a solid feel.  I can't speak much to
the sound quality yet.  I think it trumps grandstream and Uniden for the
money, maybe the low end polycom too.  We'll have to see how they work over
time.  I'm very interested in the opinions of others with regard to this
phone.

-Nate