[Asterisk-biz] [Asterisk-Users] IAX2 web client that works with g723 / g729. We got One

Ron Arts ron.arts at neonova.nl
Mon Feb 28 03:11:33 MST 2005

Andres at itranser.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> We just developed an IAX web client.   We are currently testing it, and
> we hope to be ready to market around 15 of this month. It is based on
> our own OCX, that has a lot of funtions to do/process a call. If you
> want help us on our testing, I can even send a demo on a few days. Main
> adventage of beinfg an OCX is that we can use either on a Web Page or a
> custom program, and have some many "skins" as we want to.
>
> However, we DID not still decided how we will market it.   We have even
> think about doing a free web client, with some kind of mention to our
> company (so anybody can use it, but at least, they known who did the
> program, know our talent, and count of us for future developments on the
> future), but problem is that being a web client based on an OCX, is not
> so easy to add that kind of publicity (althoug we know we can show a
> dialog box on the initialitation of the OCX, we would prefer avoiding do
> so). Is not so easy.... adding some kind of publicity so we can obtain
> some beneficit from the efforts of our code, but having this publicity
> not being a stopper for someone to use our control... :-)  Any ideas
> will be welcome, as we need to eat !!! :-)

I would suggest using the XTEN approach, (it seems to be working for them):

- Free client without commercial codecs (but with GSM, and maybe Speex) and without
   call-transfer functionality.
   This will work for home-users, and also enables anyone to try it out for free.
- Paid client (with G729 and call transfer), this will work for consultants
   implementing asterisk in SME environments.
- Branding and SDK for OEMs.

Please contact me off-list, I am interested in testing, and maybe more.

Regards,
Ron Arts

--
NeoNova BV, The Netherlands
Professional internet and VoIP solutions

http://www.neonova.nl   Kruislaan 419              1098 VA Amsterdam
info: 020-5628292       servicedesk: 020-5628292   fax: 020-5628291

The following disclamer applies to this email:
http://www.neonova.nl/maildisclaimer