[Asterisk-biz] Re: http://www.iaxtalk.com

Jeff R Glassman jrglass at columbus.rr.com
Fri Feb 25 14:24:46 MST 2005

How much was shipping?

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of JR Richardson
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 8:30 PM
To: asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-biz] Re: http://www.iaxtalk.com

Message: 5
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:14:31 +0100
From: Romain BAFFERT <rbaffert at cabling.partners.fr>
Subject: [Asterisk-biz] http://www.iaxtalk.com
To: Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
	<asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com>

Hi everyone,

Did somebody ever tryed these stuff (IAX2 ip phone) and did you buy from
this website ?

Thanks a lot

Yes, I bought one.  After upgrading the firmware to the correct IAX version,
the phone worked great. (download bin file from iaxtalk, firmware upgrade
click in the phone web configuration, easy and quick, no trouble at all)
The firmware that comes with it supports sip, h323 and mgcp.  Sound quality
was excellent, registration was clean.  It just works.

The price is nice but the shipping charges were high.  The package did
arrive within 4 days of purchase, coming from China, I was surprised.

David at IAXtalk answered my e-mail immediately when I asked questions, we
jumped on MSN messenger and had a nice chat.

The phone doesn't have MWI 'yet' but does have 10+ ringtones and can upload
gsm sound bites as rings also, web, and telnet interface for configuration
and flip-up lcd.  It's a better product, I feel, than the grandstream and
IAX really makes it top choice in the market place for me.

Having a desk phone at the office that you can snatch up and take on the
road, without changing any configs is a joy.

JR