[Asterisk-biz] Call termination database 0.2

Duane duane at e164.org
Sun Feb 20 13:10:08 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> In fact, would it be possible for your database to auto-generate routes
> like this? For example, let's say vendor A puts in a termination offer
> for +1, no minimum, fixed route at .01 per minute. Other vendors have
> put in routes for +1212, +1818, +1480 and others (also all "fixed"), but
> vendor A has not. In the complete list then, routes for vendor A would
> appear for +1212, +1818, +1480 with the details repeated from their +1
> offer without them having to actually enter them (unless they do enter
> them, of course). Note that once you have the "route type" implemented
> this will be the critical thing: what I am trying to avoid here is a
> customer assuming that a blanket route for +44 covers all routes within
> +44, when in fact it likely does not cover anything that is not a fixed
> route.

I think you're confusing the people that are likely to use this compared
to end users, I highly doubt people wanting wholesale routes will
confuse this issue, and end users want a complete services, not one
that's a little from column A a little from column B etc...

Most country prefixes cover most land lines then the providers simply
list the exceptions separate from this, which is the most sane way of
doing things, as there is usually less exceptions then normal routes...

eg +1 is about 20 countries, I'm sure most of the routes won't be that
wildly different from each other, on the other hand there is exceptions
and listing those makes for a smaller rate sheet...

Australia... +61, only a few exceptions compared to non-exceptions...

+611, +61[4-5] = mobile and special services...

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."