[Asterisk-biz] Call termination database 0.2

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Sun Feb 20 14:05:15 MST 2005

> The system already does this. I call it 'super ranges' on the site,
> though I don't really like this term, and am looking for a better name.
> If you search for +1212, you will also see offers for the +1 super range
> (assuming your other criteria match). There's aren't any such scenarios
> in the database at the minute, so you had no way of knowing this.
>
> I would argue that if a vendor puts up an offer for +44, then they mean
> +44, not +44[1-2]. If they mean +44[1-2], they should put up 2 offers,
> one for +441 and the other for +442. Any vendor who puts up an offer,
> then when customers make enquiries says "Sorry, we don't include that
> sub range" deserves to get negative feedback.
>
> I'm willing to rethink this if people want. I may be open to more
> powerful searches as well, perhaps with regular expressions, so that
> vendors can omit sub ranges easily. I'll have a think about it.
>
> A tool to help vendors make sure that their offerings are complete and
> competitive would be useful; I'll add it to the todo list.

Here is the states we have a geographic area called an "area code".  As
we run out of numbers in an area code, we have another area code
designation "overlaid" on the first.  So. here in Denver we have 303,
then 720, and now 646--all representing the same goegraphic area.

Will your "super range" handle this?  Or do we need several "destination
pattern" fields for each input.