[Asterisk-biz] Call termination database

William Waites ww at groovy.net
Sun Feb 20 11:47:54 MST 2005

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 10:30:31AM -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> William Waites wrote:
>
> >Another thing that would be useful "just because" would be a simple
> >downloadable table containing, with as much detail as possible, number
> >prefixes and descriptions.

[...]

> I think we need this soon; I'd be willing to host an application to make
> this available to the public (searchable and exportable in various
> formats), I just haven't yet found the time to work on it.

Ideally...

It might be more scalable to just put this in the ENUM DNS tree. So then
the web interface would be a wrapper around this:

	host -t txt 2.1.2.1.5.5.5.0.0.8.e164.org.

Which should give a nice human readable string the same way
"host -t naptr ..." might give you a SIP uri...

Just have to encourage people to put IN TXT records in beside the IN NAPTR
records...

-w
--
William Waites, Consulting Technologist | Utility is when you have one telephone,
Consultants Ars Informatica S.A.R.F.    | luxury is when you have two, opulence is