[Asterisk-biz] Directory listing when using VOIP DID's (rather than LEC)

WPB Phones asterisk at datawide.com
Sat Feb 19 15:24:03 MST 2005

I want to switch all existing LEC/TDM lines and go with a VOIP-only solution
based on US48 DID's.  The technology is the simple part ;-).

I have two very important biz concerns prior to making the switch.

First ---- None of the companies on this listserv appear to offer LNP.  What
is the alternative, or what are other business-class users doing?
Forwarding existing numbers?  And are numbers from US-48 DID's easier to
offer LNP, if I decide to forego existing numbers and start new DID's with a
VOIP origination company?  I just don't want to get stuck with a bad SIP/AIX
IXC when no other SIP/AIX carriers appear to offer LNP!

Second, and most importantly, is there any way we can get registered with
the local directories (Yellow Pages Publishers + Directory Service) in the
*local market* for the DID's NPA? From what I understand it's the local
CLEC's job to submit a form to the directories.

I would think that VOIP companies providing origination service become the
theoretical CLEC in this case, and therefore, they're the only company able
to get the company listed in the yellow pages.  Or is there a method that
we, as VOIP users, can leverage to submit information to the directories
absent of any conventional CLEC?

In addition to discussing the complexities of this situation publicly, I
would very much appreciate contact by any companies that can help me in this
area.  You can contact me directly at asterisk-at-data wide .com (remove
spaces).

Thank you in advance!
WPB