[Asterisk-biz] DIDX.org - Did Exchange service, need feedback.

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Sat Feb 19 09:50:13 MST 2005

The Commpartners service model allows the buyer to be more like a
"facilities based" provider. I remember looking at nationwide dialup
offerings that allowed you to buy exclusive ports(modems) for a DID.
That allowed you the option of setting your own ratios. It also allowed
you to sell dedicated ports or even sell a port group with local DID to
one customer. Flexibility is so nice to have.

Also consider the Brand Y service model of $7.99/month per DID with up
to 4 simultaneous calls. I won't comment on the long-term feasibility of
it here, but let's suppose that I offered something like that at a sane
price with no per-minute charges. Oops... looks like I commented after all.

Also consider Brand Z that offers the DID number for $1.95/month but
when your read the TOS it says that they reserve the right to charge 3.9
cents a minute(60/60) billing if you answer simultaneous calls. It is
obvious that they don't all the software in place yet but they do have
the terms and conditions written. Again, the concept would be entirely
valid if the pricing was right.

Right away I can see the need for "unlimited(true/false)" and "minutes
included" fields.