[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk for small businesses.

Jason Becker jason at coalescentsystems.ca
Sat Feb 19 09:43:06 MST 2005

Paul wrote:

  > There is quite a mix of people on this list. I do see 2 definite
> categories so far:
>
> 1) Those who understand what asterisk is and how it is best used. They
> are the ones who will go on to create a new breed of products and
> services. It is likely that some of them will join together in doing so.
>
> 2) Those who will beome resellers/dealers for that new breed of products
> and services.

My advice is to make money by making other people money. Seek out
customers that have a solid business model or provide a business model
to those that don't have one. Their success is your success.

I am very fond of this quote from Tim O'Reilly:

[S]oftware itself is no longer the primary locus of value in the
computer industry. The commoditization of software drives value to
services enabled by that software. New business models are required.

Regards,
--
Jason Becker
Director & CEO