[Asterisk-biz] Call termination database 0.1

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Fri Feb 18 14:51:56 MST 2005

Richard, see my responses below.

--
Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
Telephony, Database, Unix consulting worldwide
+44 (0)7870 699 479
http://integrics.com/

Richard Bennett wrote:
> On Friday 18 February 2005 21:52, Alistair Cunningham wrote:
>
>>All,
>>
>>I've got a very experimental version 0.1 up at:
>>
>>http://market.integrics.com/
>>

> Looks good, and is fast.
> The only major problem is that the a-z list I have in front of me has 774
> records. It's not possible to enter all that by hand, so the possibility to
> upload the listings in a .csv file would help. An example .csv for the
> correct format would help too.

Agreed. This is on the todo list.

> Also, the prefix 88745 should also be returned when the user searches for 88.

That's not what I had in mind. If a provider puts in 88745, that means
that they have a route to that area code, and that area code only. If a
visitor then searches for termination to the entire 88 country, they
don't want to see 88745, as it's only part of what they want.

I'm willing to rethink this if people what some other behaviour. I'm
also willing to make it selectable at search time.

> And a "Send monthly reminder email" to help people keep their listings
> up-to-date would be good.

Agreed.

> And the possibility to browse all results per carrier, with a list of all
> carriers in the database.

I hadn't planned for it, but it's a good idea.

> Use links to carriers as much as possible to improve their website rankings in
> Google.

Yes, will be in 0.2.

> allow users to rate routes, and give the carrier an overall rating.

On the todo list; may or may not be before 1.0.

> Add a forum for people working for carriers to pretend they are end-users, and
> praise their own companies :o)

Isn't that what asterisk-biz is for?!