[Asterisk-biz] VOIP service to current Broadband customers

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Thu Feb 17 16:32:22 MST 2005

Andy,

Yes, a softswitch is exactly what Asterisk is, and it is very suitable
for hosted solutions. You can do system partitioning for multiple
customers. It works with Cisco gateways in the following scenario:

PSTN <-- PRI --> Cisco <-- VoIP --> Asterisk

and I have set quite a few production systems like this. Other scenarios
are also possible.

If you're looking for someone to help you plan and implement such a
system, let me know. My company, Integrics Ltd, does Cisco and Asterisk
consulting, and ISPs wanting to offer VoIP to their customers form a
substantial part of our business. My contact details are below.

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
Telephony, Database, Unix consulting worldwide
+44 (0)7870 699 479
http://integrics.com/