[Asterisk-biz] Dialup Internet Solution??

matthew at txlink.net matthew at txlink.net
Sat Feb 12 20:46:49 MST 2005

Kuku Rwandarugari <kukurw at gmail.com> said:

>I would like to setup an Internet business using Dialup connectivity.
>Is there any solution combining Asterisk with digium hardware to setup
>an asterisk Dialup server ????? As digium hardware are cheaper compare
>to hardware like Cisco analogue 16 ports modules . Please Help.

Kuku,

You can do that with Asterisk, but if you want to do it cheap and reliable, go
with Ascend [lucent] MAX 6000 boxes.  You can pick them up for less than $200
each loaded with modem cards and 4 T1/PRI interface.

In fact, I have 3 or 4 sitting around I would sell for $100 each.

yours,
Matthew Simpson
txLink Communications
http://www.txlink.net/