[Asterisk-biz] Premium numbers required US

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Tue Feb 8 11:11:32 MST 2005

ht at phonitel.com wrote:
> Hello,
> Are there concepts of premium numbers in US? (I mean numbers where caller pays
> cost of 0,25 USD or say 0,15 USD/minute and carrier retributes a percentage to
> the phone number owner?).

The only service remotely like what you're describing are 900(and
possibly 976) numbers. The caller has to through some method(possibly by
just not hanging up) agree to the charges(per call and/or per minute).

They carry a stigma though, and are normally considered to be for adult
entertainment or gambling. Most households, I expect, subscribe to
900/976 blocking.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/