[Asterisk-biz] Minimum internet connection!

Alen Miketic Alen at Meinc.ca
Mon Feb 7 15:03:51 MST 2005

It was absolutely coincidental that my question came just after this one.  Has anyone verified these IAX2 trunking figures?  25 channels in a 384 pipe doesn't seem right.  Plus, does trunking work, or is there currently a bug with it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Giagnocavo [mailto:mgg-digium at atrevido.net]
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 4:25 PM
To: 'Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion'
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-biz] Minimum internet connection!

According to that link, 25 channels of G729 is 600k. 16 G729 channels
theoretically fit in 384kbps of IP traffic. Also note that this is
symmetrical (you need the same bandwidth upstream and downstream).

Now, with IAX2 trunking you could get 25 channels in 384kbps:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+bandwidth+iax2

-Michael