[Asterisk-biz] How to charge for Asterisk installation & ongoing

Lance Griffith legriffith at capfive.com
Sat Feb 5 12:12:06 MST 2005

Here you go!  Houston Competitors Close Your Eyes

After analyzing charging for Asterisk/AMP systems, Here is what CAP5
came up with for small businesses 1-150 Stations:

$4K for the box (P4, 1GB Ram, Raid 5, 3-80MB Drives, 4 Hour Installation
and Configuration)

$200 per PolyCom SoundPoint IP 300 Phone (Phone plus shipping and
installation - We only depend on Polycom Hard Phones.  We have had too
many problems with Softphones.  If you use Softphones, use ones that are
USB and have amplification.  There are other hard phones out there, but
I think these are the nicest most professional).

$95 an hour for any addition service (Additional Call Routing/Voice Mail
outside the standard per phone mailboxes)

$75 a drop (for Additional Line Drops needed)

All the above costing is 30 - 40% Profit.  We have found with the above
model, you can mitigate any gotchas!

An example of a system for us looks like this on

$4000 - Asterisk Box

$2400 - Phones (12)

$475 - (5 Hours) Consultation and Configuration of various mail Sales,
Marketing, HR, Operation, etc. mail boxes and routing

______

$6875 total plus tax (Cost: $5200 / Profit: $1675)

We beat a competitive bid against 3COM ($15K), Nortel ($22K) and
Panasonic ($18K) and still made 32% Profit.

I feel really comfortable sleeping at night knowing that CAP5 has outbid
and still profited against Fortune 500 competitors.  BTW - This system
replaced a 3COM system and the customer was really happy of all the over
and above features and flexibility!!!

Lance 281-488-9011 CAP5