[Asterisk-biz] looking for trusted voip provider

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 19:39:31 MST 2005

> Trying to figure this VoIP thing out:
>
> I'm guessing the reason for using both Voipjet and Junction is redundancy?
Yes.

> Or I've also heard that Voipjet is for inbound and Junction is for
> inbound/DID.....
> Is this correct?

I use both as outbound.

Take a look at dslreports.com and the wiki also for a bunch of reviews
about various providers.

> I see the redundancy for outbound (if Voipjet is down, use Junction) but
> what about inbound?  If Junction goes down, there's no other way to
> route the same DID phone number to me, is there?  Or is there some sort
> of setup in Junction, that if they see the service down, they'll
> re-route to some other provider I specify?

Actually I think some providers will reroute. I use Nufone for
incoming USA but I haven't specified a fallback.

> Or - what is the benefit of using both providers?

I have at least 12 providers. I pay only 2 of the 12 (small) monthly
fees for local incoming. They both have call forward on busy and/or no
answer. Unfortunately, one of these has this feature disabled because
it "didn't always work".