[Asterisk-biz] Question to Israeli regulator

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 12:19:05 MST 2005

On 12/30/05, David <dst_u at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  Hello,
>
> I can offer 1-809 numbers from Israel. I did not test it from Paltel's
> network, but if you contact me off-list and can have someone call on a test
> number I have, we can check it.
>
> Mark, there is no real disadvantage to 1-809 numbers (used for foreign
> operators) comparing to 1-800 numbers (only sold by Bezeq) for calls from
> Mobile phones, because 1-800 numbers cost the number's owner (call
> recipient) the air time that the caller is not paying, and for calling cards
> (for example), one would have to compensate for this cost anyway.

I'm sure Bezeq thought you to think this way, when it comes to
marketing you are 100% wrong, I guess it's the same people that made
you believe that Cell phones are cheaper in Israel becuase incoming is
free, even though a good percentage on your regular phone bell goes
towards cell phone charges even if you dont have a cell phone.