[Asterisk-biz] Open Business Plan

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Dec 28 11:54:52 MST 2005

This guy is looking at selling small sized systems to businesses.  I
don't think he is looking at re-selling someone else's non CPE, IP only
solutions (with DIDs that are probably not even their own.)

The hardest thing is getting a new customer and the easiest thing is to
lose it.

Part of an asterisk business plan should probably be to avoid outfits
such as Rehan's.  At least for now.  Seems Supertechnologies is the cure
all to everything on the biz list.  Although they have a GREAT MANY
offerings, I am not sure that they do any single one very well.
"Shoemaker, stick to thy last."

I for one am turned off by Rehan posting about his own company but not
stating his affiliation (over and over again.)

Not to say that the hosted service is not good.  I am just wary of
business with these types of practices.

Thanks,
Steve

PS.  OWA stinks!

	Dear Alan,

	If you like, you can test drive our hosted pbx services, which
come with DID numbers,
	Termination and Hosted Asterisk Servers.

	The URL is http://www.ip-pabx.com

	Linda

	> Alan Gutierrez wrote:
	>
	> >Intro..
	> >
	> >I'm a software developer. I am learning Asterisk. I'm reading
the "*:
	> >tfot" book. It is easy to understand. I am confident that my
many
	> >years of Linux and Apache adminstration will help me get up
to speed
	> >quickly.
	> >
	> >That said, please excuse my noobishness. I am RTFM.
	> >
	> >Anyway..
	> >
	> >I'd like to build a simple Asterisk system to market to small
	> >businesses, like real estate offices, law offices, etc. My
customer
	> >would need more that four phone lines, but less than twenty.
	> >
	> >The system would do just the basics.
	> >
	> >To me, this is basic retail computing, for small business.
	> >
	> >I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who has taken the
time to
	> >write up a business plan for a similar business. If so, could
you
	> >share it with me, so I could have a framework to write my
own.

	> >Or if this describes your business, and you'd like a business
plan to
	> >show to your bank or the SBA, would you like to co-operate on
writing
	> >this business plan?
	> >
	> >The resulting business plan would be placed on the Asterisk
Wiki, for

http://engrm.com/blogometer/

	> The basics on writing a good business plan can be found in
many books
	> and a couple of software programs. There are even govenment
agencies
	> that can help you with your business plan.
	>
	> The Small Business Administration (SBA) has some free
information on
	> the basics of writing business plans at
	> http://www.sba.gov/starting_business/planning/basic.html
	>
	> Remember Google is your friend. Preform a search for business
plans.
	> 6th on the list was a business plan archive.
	> http://www.businessplanarchive.org/ this contains both
successful and

http://www.paloalto.com/

	> A combination book and software that works for me, Streetwise
Complete
	> Business Plan With Software: Interactive Software to Quickly
Create a
	> Powerful Business Plan Plus a Comprehensive Book (Adams
Streetwise
	> Series) (Paperback).
	>
	> A good starter book on business plans is The Successful
Business Plan:
	> Secrets and Strategies (Paperback) by Eugene Kleiner
(Foreword),
	> Rhonda Abrams. In addition if you are a beginner I recommend
Six-Week
	> Start-Up: A Step-By-Step Program for Starting Your Business,
Making
	> Money, and Achieving Your Goals! (Paperback) by Rhonda Abrams.
The
	> book helps you take into a majority of things that need to be
done to
	> get the business rolling legally and in a way that will help
develop
	> your business skills.
	>
	> A little advice for you on business plans make your own
business plan
	> or alter the business plan to match your skill set and
capabilities.
	> Remember What works for one person may not nessarly work for
you. This
	> is a common mistake and why many businesses fail. Not enough
careful
	> planning and thinking about how and when to do things.
	>
	> Sincerly,
	>
	> Max W. Blackmer, Jr.
	> Knowledge Power IT
	> http://www.knowledgepowerit.com

	Super Technologies Inc., Pensacola, Florida
	http://www.SuperTec.com - Technologies from tomorrow, Today!