[Asterisk-biz] distribution of asterisk

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Dec 23 09:07:59 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 08:50 -0700, Jason Becker wrote:

> I don't think the above is a *requirement*. I think the above is more of
> a guideline. The above is discussed under the section "How to Apply
> These Terms to Your New Programs" with language that strongly suggests
> that it is in fact a guideline. Clause 3 of the GPL unequivocally states
> one's responsibilities with regard to distribution.
>
> Regards,

GPL Section 2c  http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

2. You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion of
it, thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and distribute
such modifications or work under the terms of Section 1 above, provided
that you also meet all of these conditions:

c) If the modified program normally reads commands interactively when
run, you must cause it, when started running for such interactive use in
the most ordinary way, to print or display an announcement including an
appropriate copyright notice and a notice that there is no warranty (or
else, saying that you provide a warranty) and that users may
redistribute the program under these conditions, and telling the user
how to view a copy of this License. (Exception: if the Program itself is
interactive but does not normally print such an announcement, your work
based on the Program is not required to print an announcement.)

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378