[Asterisk-biz] OT: Federal Reserve

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Dec 22 14:44:24 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 08:54 -0500, Jonathan k. Creasy wrote:
> I understand that the federal reserve is a corporation. Just not sure
> about the "located in Puerto Rico" part.

That is where its incorporated.  I am unsure where their headquarters
are located.  Take for example I am incorporated in one state and HQ
3000 miles away.  I havent found a credible link yet, I will look in a
few ...  www.house.gov -> access the US code -> search the US code
will let you search the US code.  IIRC the banking statutes are all
title 12 and I am fairly certain that about section 300-350 is where it
talks about the federal reserve.

I did just locate their HQ is in DC.  They were aparently created on Dec
23, 1913.  I thought it was about 15 years later than that.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378