[Asterisk-biz] Telephone number portability. How does it workexactly?

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Tue Dec 20 20:23:53 MST 2005

Then why not just become a Level3 partner yourself and cut out the
middlemen?

The more middlemen, the higher the cost and less reliable the service.
Plus you lose the ability to hold someone accountable when there are
problems since they will most likely start the finger pointing (just
like when the XO guy blames Verizon.)

Thanks,
Steve

> Alok,
> You can go to any level3 partner like myphonecompany.com or didx.net
and
> they can port your number for you to there network adn you can use it
your
> self on sip and sell it to your customers.
>
> You cant be a CLEC in every area your self or you will become Level 3
your
> self, which would be a great thing :)
>
> Rehan
>

> On 12/21/05, Alok Mohindra <alok.mohindra at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 	Apologies if this is a silly question, but I am wondering how
> exactly one would go about actually transferring a phone number from
one
> service provider to another. I ask the question because I am
interested in
> starting a residential broadband telephone service (and I'm sure I'm
not
> alone)
>
> 	Specifically, if a prospective customer in Canada or the US
wishes
> to transfer their telephone service to my company (or Vonage,
Broadvoice,