[Asterisk-biz] SuperMicro Servers

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu Dec 15 20:06:50 MST 2005

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Lee Sanders wrote:

> For IDE raid you have many choices but AFAIK only one is a true hardware raid
> card and thats 3Ware. 3Ware has good Linux support.
>
> I wouldn't touch anything else now.

Agreed. 3ware PATA / SATA raid cards are cheap, and we spec them all the
time. I've never had an issue w/ one under Linux, and they work great. As
a rough estimate, I believe that I have about a petabyte of data accross
multiple installations that relies on the ThreeWare stuff and it works
solidly w/out any BS.

                             KP-216-121-ST