[Asterisk-biz] SuperMicro Servers

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Dec 15 11:27:20 MST 2005

Cory Andrews wrote:

> Right now I am trying to work up a list of servers that will support the
> new Digium TDM2400 series, in terms of available space inside the
> chassis to physically fit the card in correctly.  If you have any input
> on that I would love to hear about it.

Honestly, the biggest issue will not be space (although many 1U/2U
servers don't have full length slots either), it will be power for the
FXS port ring generators. Many (most) servers in this category use hard
drive backplanes and have _no_ extra power connectors of any kind
(especially if all the components are hot swappable).

We've been discussing this here and we haven't really decided what to do
about it yet; the boards need power from somewhere, so we may be forced
into offering an accessory package containing an external power supply
and appropriate cabling.