[Asterisk-biz] SuperMicro Servers

Cory Andrews cory at voipsupply.com
Thu Dec 15 10:11:31 MST 2005

Thanks Kevin - I appreciate the input.  We are in the midst of constructing
a PHP based iPBX "configurator" of sorts.  One of the configuration routines
we are mapping will give offer the ability to construct a 1U or 2U server.
We will limit the range of configuration options, on the processor side we
will likely offer AMD or Intel processors with a single proc speed choice,
but the user will be able to choose single or dual procs so long as the
chassis they have selected supports it.  From there, they will be able to
upgrade RAM from a 512MB Base, choose single or dual HDD's, single or Dual
P/S.  Next, they will be able to choose the Digium board they require, as
well as the option to have us install Linux and Asterisk Biz Edition.

We are not going to get into actual configuration of the pBX itself in the
configuration tool.

Right now I am trying to work up a list of servers that will support the new
Digium TDM2400 series, in terms of available space inside the chassis to
physically fit the card in correctly.  If you have any input on that I would
love to hear about it.

Thanks,

Cory Andrews
Purchasing Manager