[Asterisk-biz] Re: DIDs (I think) in various countries

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 09:38:10 MST 2005

In article <43A1CA65.9210.37CC109 at localhost>,
Rehan AllahWala <rehan at supertec.com> wrote:
> Dear Tony,
>
> This is a question we asked on the list 1 year a go and there was a Vacume, so we
> created www.didx.org
>
> Check it out, the available countries on it now is 28 list is on www.didx.org/did/

Thanks Rehan, it looks very interesting, although I'm not sure it is exactly
what I am looking for, if I understand DIDx correctly.

It appears that all the DIDs are routed from the PSTN by their sellers to
an Asterisk farm or similar at DIDx, which then routes them on to the
buyer's system. So if for example a UK buyer bought some European DIDs,
they would still be routed via the USA and back. Does DIDx have or plan
exchanges in other parts of the world?

I would also be interested in any responses to my first three paragraphs.

Thanks in advance
Tony

--
Tony Mountifield