[Asterisk-biz] Open Business Plan

Alan Gutierrez alan at engrm.com
Wed Dec 14 11:53:41 MST 2005

* Steve Totaro <stotaro at totarotechnologies.com> [2005-12-14 12:16]:

> > I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who has taken the time to
> > write up a business plan for a similar business. If so, could you
> > share it with me, so I could have a framework to write my own.
> >
> > Or if this describes your business, and you'd like a business plan
> > to show to your bank or the SBA, would you like to co-operate on
> > writing this business plan?
> >
> > The resulting business plan would be placed on the Asterisk Wiki,
> > for people to tweak. If there is such a thing already, please let me
> > know.

> This should be interesting.  I wonder how many people will just post
> their business plan for competitors to see?

*shrug*

This is a small business, for me, in my area. The software is
open source. The components are commodities. And the big deal is?

I'm an open source developer. Everything I write I make available
under the MIT license. I guess the business side of Asterisk doesn't
quite get it yet.

I don't see why I can't extend that to a business plan. I mean if I
wanted to open a hamburger stand in Boise, why wouldn't a franchisee
in Ft. Lauderdale share his experiences?

Anyway, you'll all be able to read my business plan on my Wiki as I
work on it. Who cares? Have fun.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan at engrm.com - http://engrm.com/blogometer/